MINC#NIMC is a federally-incorporated not-for-profit organization jointly owned by the Federation of Medical Regulatory Authorities of Canada (FMRAC) and the Medical Council of Canada (MCC).
Board of Directors
- Mr. Douglas Anderson, President
- Dr. Bruce Wright, Secretary-Treasurer
- Dr. Maureen Topps, CEO, Medical Council of Canada
- Ms. Fleur-Ange Lefebvre, PhD, CEO, Federation of Medical Regulatory Authorities of Canada
- Dr. Yves Robert
- Dr. Patricia Demaio
- Mr. Jamie Rice
- Mr. Michael Epp
The MINC program is endorsed by all the medical regulatory authorities in Canada as a primary means of identifying the individuals they register. The MCC also uses MINCs to identify the individuals who register to take their exams. These are the Prime Users of the MINC program, and the only organizations authorized to request the issuance of a MINC from the MINC#NIMC Corporation.
Other organizations which maintain databases of physicians or physician information are encouraged to become Licensed Users. In their use of MINCs, Licensed Users are bound by the principles of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, as is the MINC#NIMC Corporation. See Privacy Code.
- A Medical Identification Number for Canada (MINC) will automatically be assigned to you once you apply for the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) examinations.
- You can view your MINC from your physiciansapply.ca account, by clicking on Profile on the Home page, and your MINC will be displayed on the Identifiers panel, on the right.
- You can also obtain your MINC from the medical regulatory authority with whom you are presently registered.
- If you require further assistance, please contact the MCC service desk directly.